Victoria is the home to many parks, gardens, attractions and activities that makes it an exciting melting pot of romance and fun. Here are fifty must-dos when visiting the capital city.
1. Discover the beauty of whale watching.
2. Visit the impeccable, world famous Butchart Gardens.
3. Saunter hand-in-hand down the Dallas Point Breakwater.
4. Start your antiquing early on Fort Street
5. Find a spot on the ferry headed to Sidney Spit Provincial Park, a beautiful island
6. Pack a picnic and rent a boat for the afternoon
7. Take a scenic tour by carriage, foot or air.
8. Swim around in the tide pools at Botanical Beach.
9. Try surfing at Jordan River
10. Head over to Sidney by the Sea and visit the Mineral World Scratch Patch at the marina
11. Stroll hand-in-hand through Beacon Hill Park – and make sure you visit the petting zoo
12. Then head to the Beacon Drive-In Restaurant for some ice cream.
13. For something a little different, visit the wax museum.
14. Rent some bicycles then head down to the Galloping Goose Trail for our most recommended route
24. Grab some snacks and visit the Swan Lake Nature Sanctuary. Bring a camera to capture some nature-inspired shots as you hike around the lake
25. Love to hike? Check out East Sooke Park, too.
36. And then Lone Tree Hill.
37. Stock your hotel fridge (and stomachs) with the fresh goods at the Saturday Market in Ganges on Saltspring Island, and the fruit and vegetable stands throughout the Saanich Peninsula and Oldfield Road.
38. Explore the eclectic goods from the crafters and artisans on Mayne Island
39. Try scuba diving at Race Rocks
40. Learn about BC’s naval history and visit the city’s oldest buildings at the Esquimalt Naval Base
41. Visit a bird sanctuary, beach and park at Witty’s Lagoon
42. Get a couples massage at one of the many spas in the area
43. Take in the amazing fireworks display in July or August at Butchart Gardens
44. Go back to childhood and fly a kite at Clover Point
45. Golf on one of the many prized and award-winning golf courses
46. Definitely check out the Dominion Observatory
47. Tour one of the many old churches
48. Visit the historic Rogers’ Chocolates, famous for their cream centre chocolates.